[TYPO3] Image maps

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Wed Jul 30 21:37:06 CEST 2008

Matt Giddings schrieb:
> Thank you for taking the time to respond and give me your advice.  To
> make it simple I need to put this page
> http://www.svsu.edu/supo/newmap/map.html into typo3.  Its split into
> several pieces (.js, .css, and .gif's)  Damn, come to think of it, its
> not an image map at all, its just using .js to do rollovers and replaces
> the entire image.  *bonk*
>
> Sorry for bothering everybody with the image map question.  The way I
> see it, I can pretty much incorporate the html into an HTML content
> element.
>
> Thanks for everybody's help!  : )
>
> Christopher Torgalson wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Matt Giddings wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I'm a newb to typo3.  I need to add an image map to our typo3 system
>>> but I'm pretty much clueless as to where to start.  (I know RTFM)
>>> So, would someone be so kinda as to point me to the right doc for me
>>> to review in order to obtain this information.
>>

>> To give you good advice, it's probably necessary to find out a bit
>> about what you need the image map *for*--e.g. you can add on in an
>> HTML content element, or TYPO3's GMENU can make an imagemap
>> dynamically [1], but if you need it for something other than
>> navigation, or if you need editors to be able to make them, then some
>> other approach might be better.
>>
>> You're unlikely to be the first to need imagemaps--I once built an
>> extremely crude extension for creating imagemaps in an afternoon--so
>> you might also want to check the TER to see if there are any
>> extensions that already do something like what you need…
>>
>> [1]
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsbyex/current/view/7/3/

Hi Matt,

perhaps you could use a cObject HMENU with a 'MENU Object' TMENU and change background images with
CSS rollover, or with a 'MENU Object' GMENU or IMGMENU and use the itemstate RO. Infos about these
objects you can find in the TSref. For if you wanna try a realization with TypoScript.

Andreas