[TYPO3] Image maps

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:53:37 CEST 2008

Hi there,

Matt Giddings wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm a newb to typo3.  I need to add an image map to our typo3 system but
> I'm pretty much clueless as to where to start.  (I know RTFM)  So, would
> someone be so kinda as to point me to the right doc for me to review in
> order to obtain this information.

To give you good advice, it's probably necessary to find out a bit about
what you need the image map *for*--e.g. you can add on in an HTML
content element, or TYPO3's GMENU can make an imagemap dynamically [1],
but if you need it for something other than navigation, or if you need
editors to be able to make them, then some other approach might be better.

You're unlikely to be the first to need imagemaps--I once built an
extremely crude extension for creating imagemaps in an afternoon--so you
might also want to check the TER to see if there are any extensions that
already do something like what you need…

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsbyex/current/view/7/3/

Christopher Torgalson / bedlamhotel at gmail.com