[TYPO3] Please, help with RTE needed, it's not longer funny to edit text in TYPO3. :-/

Dirk Schlueter dirk at linux-desktop.de
Wed Jul 30 19:41:50 CEST 2008

Am Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:55:39 +0200 schrieb Aji Yahya:

> Dirk Schlueter schrieb:
>> Hi TYPO3 people,
>>
>> since TYPO3 4.1.7 / 4.2 it's not longer funny to edit text content in
>> TYPO3.
>>
>> In every text content element i'm inserting in a page, the RTE is
>> loaded the first time. I don't want the rte, but disable the rte
>> completly is not a alternative, because i need it sometimes.
>>
>> In all versions before 4.1.7 i can click on "disable RTE" and the RTE
>> is disabled on all content elements while i uncheck the "disable RTE"-
>> Checkbox or click on the RTE-Wizard-Icon.
>>
>> It there any way to get back the old behaviour of the rte
>> enable/disable?
>>
>> Editors are nerved from clicking every time on "disable rte" and
>>
>> Any ideas appreciated, including changes in the core!
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>> Dirk
> Hi Dirk,
>
> you can disable the RTE in TSconfig of the root page. add this to
> TSconfig:
>
> RTE {
> default {
> disabled = 1
> }
> }
>
> as you wrote that you need it sometimes, then change the value of
> "disabled" to "0", this will make the RTE available again & without
> changing the core.

Hi Aji,

thank you for your answer. I know this, but the editors should do that
with one click, while edit content. This is why the RTE enable/disable in
user preferences is no option, too.

Below TYPO3 4.1.7 this works with the checkbox "Disable RTE" in the
bottom of the content element, i.e. text content element. In 4.2.1 there
is a hint/help text for this checkbox, that this option only affect this
content element on this page, not generally the rte. This is what i mean.
The usabillity to select rte or no rte is really worse!

I hope there is any help out there, to get my editors quiet. ;-)

Greetz
Dirk