[TYPO3] Processing input in extension backend form

Matthias Kurz mk at mediamachine.de
Wed Jul 30 18:45:56 CEST 2008

Matthias Kurz:

> Hi list,
>
> In my extension backend form I have an upload file which name contains
> information that I want to analyse and store in different fields of my table
> (something like year_title_department.pdf). I understand that I can write a
> custom class which evaluates a certain field and changes its value with the
> method evaluateFieldValue(). But how do I access the value of another field
> of my form before saving? Or am I on the wrong way altogether?
>
> Matthias

We found a solution: We actually wrote a custom master class. There we
analysed the PostVars with t3lib_div::_POST() and found the string to be
upload and split it up. With the method evaluateFieldValue we were able to
write the different parts of the string into the the different fields using
a class (extending our master class) for each field.

Matthias