[TYPO3] Hide level in CoolURI

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sun Jul 27 14:16:17 CEST 2008

Hi,
I need a secondary menu which is same level as the primary one but
separate. To enable editors to freely add more pages, I don't use
exclude pages in my menus but instead create a sys folder on my first
level and create the secondary menu from that sys folder's subpages.
However, this has the side effect that the sys folder shows up in the
URL created by CoolURI. This doesn't make any sense because that
intermediate level in the menu is invalid, i.e. if I cut off the last
bit of the URL, the page does not exist.

Is it possible to hide this level from the URL? I tried hiding the page
but that results in the subpages not showing up in the menu any more.

Cheers,
Christian