[TYPO3] problem: pdg_generator2 works only once

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 16:47:52 CEST 2008

[Martin Bless] wrote & schrieb:

>I'm having a problem with pdf_generator2 v0.5.1 within TYPO3 v4.2.1
>using Firefox or IE.
>
>PDF generation works well the first time I klick the link. Klicking a
>second time makes Acrobat Reader come up and complain: "Diese Datei
>ist beschädigt und kann nicht repariert werden / This file is damaged
>and cannot be repaired."
>
>If I clear the page cache or if I'm logged in as a BE user
>pdf_generation works. My conclusion: The problem has something to do
>with the caching feature.

I did some more experimenting using "wget http://...". When the page
is being generated the PDF is 638 kb long and complete.

Next time it is being fetched from cache and truncated auf approx. 52
kb. Up to that point its identical. It looks like this:

%PDF-1.3
[... 2933 lines ok]
BT /F1 8.00 Tf ET
BT 65.20 653.09 Td (f
<!-- Cached page generated 25-07-08 16:38. Expires 26-07-08 16:38 -->

Whats going on?

If I enable or disable GZIP compression doesn't matter.

Martin