[TYPO3] Bug in Typo3 Extension comments from Dmitry Dulepov?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 25 15:57:11 CEST 2008

Hi!

A Vista Studios wrote:
> actually I am not using an old version of "comments", I suppose. It's
> version 1.3.2 and has been just downloaded from the TER a few days ago.
> I have figured that the function somewhat is always called twice :-(
> Even if I have just one Plugin (e.g. no comment list but only comment
> form) active.

Latest version is 1.4.4. Please, click "Retrieve/Update" in Extension Manager to get newer extension list. Then you can get updated extension.

I am pretty sure that captcha works. I use comments in several projects with captcha and all is ok.

> Any idea why no email is sent to inform the editor about an incomming
> comment?

Check that mail function works from PHP. Comments uses this function to send mail.

> BTW: Another question came up:
> I would like to include information how many comments has been posted by
> the user, e.g.:
>
> COMMENTS: 3
>
> Mr. X wrote
> adfadfasdfadsfasdf
>
> Mrs.Y wrote
> asdfasdfhkaedsrfc
>
> Mr.Z wrote
> asddwaadfasdrq
>
> so there is an info about the amount of posts. Is this possible with the
> current features of your great extension?

No such functionality. But technically it can be done.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team