[TYPO3] Bug in Typo3 Extension comments from Dmitry Dulepov?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 25 11:37:45 CEST 2008

Hi!

A Vista Studios wrote:
> I have experienced a problem to which I have not found any postings
> as yet: "Comment listing" and "Comment form" are inserted into the
> same page and the Extension "captcha" is used to protect the form
> from SPAM (the problem I will describe below is the very same with
> sr_freecap).
>
> No matter if the correct captcha-code is inserted there is always the
> message it would be wrong. I have added some "echo" commands to
> \typo3\typo3conf\ext\comments\pi1\class.tx_comments_pi1.php and
> figured why: The function processSubmission_validate() is called
> twice: Likely one time from "Comment listing", the other time from
> "Comment form". At the first call the two variables are identical:

I afraid you are using some ancient version of comments. processSubmission_validate() is called only once, at line 758, inside processSubmission(). processSubmission() is also called only once, at line 155, for 'FORM' code.

> Another thing that is not working for me: "Send notification to this
> e-mail:" isn't working. The editor is not informed about incomming
> comments althought the mail-address is correct. Any suggestions to
> fix this problem?

1. Check that your PHP mail configuration is correct.
2. If it is correct, report a bug to bug tracker.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team