[TYPO3] ext_tables.php and foreign_table - please explain

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:29:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been having a look at the use of foreign_table in my ext_tables.php
files, but without any real luck. I'm not able to get any output from my
table, and i feel like I'm missing somewhere to define what field to take
values from, in my table.

Can some one please explain me the lack of configuration, or maybe a link to
a page desribing/documentating the foreign_table possibility? I've already
been through this page

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/4/2/#id4104498

Without any real luck or better understanding for why it isn't working

        "user_extendfeuser_testfield" => Array (
                "exclude" => 0,
                "label" => "test field", #hardcoded label, just for testing
purpose
                "config" => Array (
                        "type" => "select",
                        "foreign_table" => "tx_fdforginfo_fields", #name of
my extension table
                        "size" => "5",
                        "minitems" => 0,
                        "maxitems" => 1,