[TYPO3] Pagetree and Listtree empty in 4.2.1 for non admin users

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 24 09:47:57 CEST 2008

> When I try to create a new backend group/user that is not flagged as an
admin in 4.2.1, the pagetree and listtree are both empty. The filelist
works fine.

That's because the user/group has no DB Mount set.

> I notice that when I return to edit the Editors group, there are no
lines in
> the DB Mounts: section that are highlighted. The root of the site was
highlighted when I saved the group. I had used the folder icon to
display and select a DB Mount point. It showed up in the DB Mounts:
section. I highlighted it and clicked save. It does not seem to persist,
since it is listed, but not highlighted when I go back to editing the
group.

You can't use the root element (with the globe icon) as a DB Mount for
users /groups. Select a page one level below that.
If you have your pages right below the root, insert an extra level with
just a shortcut page:

- root

  +-- base   <-- shortcut to Home; set DB Mount here

      +-- Another page

--
Jigal van Hemert.