[TYPO3] Pagetree and Listtree empty in 4.2.1 for non admin users

Denny Fox dennyf at microtimeinc.com
Thu Jul 24 01:59:56 CEST 2008

When I try to create a new backend group/user that is not flagged as an
admin in 4.2.1, the pagetree and listtree are both empty. The filelist works
fine.

This is the same for a site with a standard template or a site with a custom
template. Adding a new admin user works fine.

This is a brand new installation on Debian etch, not an upgrade. The
database on both sites has been Analyzed and Compared with no problems.

I notice that when I return to edit the Editors group, there are no lines in
the DB Mounts: section that are highlighted. The root of the site was
highlighted when I saved the group. I had used the folder icon to display
and select a DB Mount point. It showed up in the DB Mounts: section. I
highlighted it and clicked save. It does not seem to persist, since it is
listed, but not highlighted when I go back to editing the group.

The lines that were selected in the File Mounts: section remain highlighted
after a save and return to editing.

I am a TYPO3 newbie, am I missing something here?

Thanks for any help...

Denny