[TYPO3] naw secure downloads and ssl

Ronald Renfro rr at dreimorgen.com
Tue Jul 22 17:42:31 CEST 2008

Hi I am having trouble using the extension naw_secure downloads. I
keep getting a "Access Denied!!" error for any filelinks I create even
though I have logged in as a valid front end user. The site is running
with ssl. When I click on a filelink the browser opens in a new window
and displays "Access denied". when I go back to the originating window
the frontend session is lost and I have to log in again...

In the root typo3 dir I have added this to the .htaccess enable ssl
for all connections
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R,L]

The configuration options are:
securedDirs:
fileadmin|uploads

filetype (defaults)
pdf|jpe?g|gif|png|doc|pdf|xls|rar|tgz|tar|gz

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Ronald