[TYPO3] Hooked functions for fe-registration available?

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Tue Jul 22 16:10:24 CEST 2008

Hy;

I'm going to implement a extranet containing website in short time and
would like to ask for advice how to 'adjust' the registration-process in
a non-offensive way.
The procedure to implement is roughly this:

- registration with custom data-aquisition
- creation of up/download space (possibly to be moved into a
confirmation post-process)
- confirmation-procedure with the new user
- notification of an administrator
- possibly a "accepted" action/notification through administrator action

I'm almost sure I have to write a custom extension anyway, because I
can't offer the standard user-management interface.
The fe-users is given a communication-platform with the administrator(s)
or assigned maintainer(s). I hope I don't have to implement fine-grained
access-control, but I should prepare for that. The communication
consists of messages and files, which can be up/downloaded from both
sides (this is where I see the unevitability of a custom extension,
which integrates a communication-management module). I see a big
logistic problem with handling files, as file-handling is spread over 3
or more modules. Having just a different view would suffice allready, if
the programatic maintenance of all the related data isn't too fragile
(like auto file-list contents with access-restriction), even though I
see an advantage to just offer a distinct 'view', but preserving the
'standard' data-organization in the form of content-elements, as they
stay manipulatable through standard-views.

I hope to receive some suggestions on:

- how to inject a custom form into the registration-process
- how to hook a function (or if possible 'scripted actions') into the
various steps of the registration
- if there is a possibility to generally maintain db-driven forms
without programming any code (FLEX?)
- if there is an API for custom access hierarchies (principly N:N, I
hope I can evade it and do only1:N)
- if there is an API for be-list generation (the list-module) for custom
entries, if possible for the be-list tree too
- how to handle files in this context

I'm not expecting detailed how-tos, I just want to be guided by your
opinion and experience. I'll figure out the programation. :-)
If finished, and not very crude, the code goes back to the comunity.
Thanks
    Niels