[TYPO3] rsgooglenanalytics: ga.js can't not be accessed

Trine Buhl trine.buhl at mail.dk
Mon Jul 21 22:25:10 CEST 2008

Xavier Perseguers skrev:
> Hi Trine,
>
>>> I am trying to implement rsgoogleanalytics.
>>>
>>> The script is placed OK at the bottom of the page:
>>>
>>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>>     var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ?
>>> "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
>>>     document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +
>>> "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
>>> </script>
>>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>>     var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxxxx-1");
>>>     pageTracker._initData();
>>>     pageTracker._trackPageview('/Fodbold');
>>> </script>
>>>
>>> (I have removed the tracking code in the example)
>>>
>>> But it dosn't work.... :-(
>>>
>>> The ga.js file is not downloaded, and the account variable can also
>>> not be found. (according to:
>>> http://checkwebsite.erigami.com/googleanalytics.html)
>>>
>>> Any idea what my problem is?
>
> The code you have written is 100% the same as the one provided from
> Google Analytics Website. I used Live HTTP Headers with a test page that
> had this code and it downloads successfully the script. Using the
> website you mention with my test page leads me to a Server Error ! I
> suggest you make sure the code you write is the one you have with
> rsgoogleanalytics (with the Tracking UID replaced of course) and simply
> wait for Google Analytics to show stats. I  the thinkwebsite
> checkwebsite... is simply not able to interpret the double-encoding of
> the script tag.
>
> Xavier

Hi Xavier

Thank you for your quick answer.

When I use Firebug I can open the ga.js file, but in Google Analytics I
still get the status that the tracing code is not installed.

But when I go to the reports, data are collected anyway....strange!

So now I am confused on a higher level ;-)

Regards,

Trine