[TYPO3] Backend timeout problem

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jul 21 17:21:43 CEST 2008

Hey,

yes... the IP change might be the issue.
I have heard (and seen) some IP's using a VERY STRANGE proxy setup
on which they use a different IP address  per single request. This is
VERY
annoying for all users behind such proxy servers and I feel that these
ISP's
don't have a single clue what they are doing (hobbiests!!!)

Anyways, there might be some good news for you.
In the install tool there is a 'lock IP' option, I totally forgot it's
name
but under normal conditions TYPO3 locks a lsession to a IP address,
when switching this on or off (forgot the name and values really..)
TYPO3 will
NOT check the session with the IP address anymore, this will hopefully
allow you to stay logged in.

So.... check the install tool for that option and see if that helps

Ries

On Jul 21, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Ca Phun Ung wrote:

> OK, 7 days since I last started this thread and not a single
> response. I
> can only assume it's just me that's the weirdo. Is it real that no one
> in this list has ever encountered this problem?
>
> *Update: *Tested on another machine and I still get the same problem.
> Tested using a friend's internet connection... still same problem. The
> only two commonalities are 1) Hong Kong 2) Both networks subscribe to
> i-Cable broadband [1]
>
> I also ran a check on my external IP address through What Is My IP
> Adress dot com and it returned a different IP address ending every
> time
> I refreshed the page! Could this be the cause? If so, why would it
> matter? Could not a cookie on the client machine determine their
> identity?
>
> [1] http://www.i-cablecomm.com
>
> Ca Phun Ung
>
> Web: http://yelotofu.com

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk