[TYPO3] rsgooglenanalytics: ga.js can't not be accessed

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Jul 21 16:41:51 CEST 2008

Hi Trine,

>> I am trying to implement rsgoogleanalytics.
>>
>> The script is placed OK at the bottom of the page:
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>     var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ?
>> "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
>>     document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +
>> "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
>> </script>
>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>     var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxxxx-1");
>>     pageTracker._initData();
>>     pageTracker._trackPageview('/Fodbold');
>> </script>
>>
>> (I have removed the tracking code in the example)
>>
>> But it dosn't work.... :-(
>>
>> The ga.js file is not downloaded, and the account variable can also
>> not be found. (according to:
>> http://checkwebsite.erigami.com/googleanalytics.html)
>>
>> Any idea what my problem is?

The code you have written is 100% the same as the one provided from
Google Analytics Website. I used Live HTTP Headers with a test page that
had this code and it downloads successfully the script. Using the
website you mention with my test page leads me to a Server Error ! I
suggest you make sure the code you write is the one you have with
rsgoogleanalytics (with the Tracking UID replaced of course) and simply
wait for Google Analytics to show stats. I think the website
checkwebsite... is simply not able to interpret the double-encoding of
the script tag.

Xavier