[TYPO3] Always getting "This is your first TYPO3 page" when viewing pages

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jul 18 20:48:27 CEST 2008

on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:02:58 +0200, Redvald Hjulstad wrote:

> Have to agree with bernd here, but also point out that there is some
> very good documentation and tutorials around.
>
> Kaspers Podcast on how to build a wbsite is great:
> podkast_julestue3-build-website.m4v
>
> The Futuristic Template Building tutorial: Futuristic Template Building
> (doc_tut_ftb1)

be careful with promoting these old tutorials. I for myself hesitate to
advise beginners to tutorials written for TYPO3 V3.8 or even 3.6

especially since 4.2 there are actually no tutorials which reflect the
current BE-views.
And a lot of typoscript has changed (been introduced) with a lot of
helpfull features.

BTW: does anyone knew about existing or coming books for 4.2.x?

bernd