[TYPO3] Always getting "This is your first TYPO3 page" when viewing pages

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jul 18 00:49:01 CEST 2008

on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:34:04 -0700, Alessandro Vernet wrote:

> Alessandro Vernet wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the tip. It looks like a "Clear cache in typo3conf" or
>> "Clear
>> FE cache" unblocked the situation and I now see in the frontend updates
>> I am
>> doing in the backend. Cool! :)
>>

> One correction to my previous comment: most likely the issue was that I
> didn't have any template selected for that page. Selecting a template
> solved the problem. See screenshot:
>
> http://www.screencast.com/t/cE6WcRhQRA

you never have done any typoscript?
you may use typo3 just using predefined templates, but then you never can
use the full variety TYPO3 is giving you, as you never learn to
understand how TYPO3 is working.

example:
You don't need to assign templates for each page, as they are inherited
to sub-pages.

> I have seen a number of other people hitting the same problem. Maybe it
> would be good to have some template used by default for pages created
> right after installing TYPO3.

you / they may learn a little bit more about TYPO3 than how to copy the
archive and expand it on a webserver. Hm, probably you haven't done this
either. you probably get a ready TYPO3-account and think that your
webpage just needs some content.
TYPO3 needs more!
If you are not willing to learn typoscript for an individual TYPO3-using
(or pay someone who will do it for you) you use the wrong CMS. Try to get
another CMS.

TYPO3 is like driving a car: it is no taxi, where you only need to say
your target. For TYPO3 you have to learn like for a 'driving-license'.
TYPO3 has a lot of switches and steering-wheels - more than a car (some
say it is like a big plane with hundreds of switches)

bernd