[TYPO3] A library of read-only template pages?

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jul 18 00:24:50 CEST 2008

on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:30:09 -0400, Mike wrote:

> We've got about 10 admins (content editors) of our TYPO3 (4.1.2) site,
> one of which is sort of the "super-admin".
>
> What we'd like to do is make it so that the superadmin can create pages
> that will act as "templates", for the other admins to use to make new
> pages.  Kind of like if you made some microsoft word documents for other
> co-workers to copy and start from when they start writing something.
>
> The problem is, we have to make the pages read-only for the other 9
> admins, but read-write for the super admin.  Can you do that in typo3?
>
> Also, after a template is copied and then pasted to become a new page,
> the new page will need to be read-write for the other 9, of course- the
> copy can't also be read-only.

as TYOP3 has similar access-rights than UNIX you should be able to
configure it.
Just define BE-user/editors which are no admin-user. You may configure
the default access-rights for pages, or the editors must set them by hand
for each page.

And any admin-user always can access all content (like a root-user in
unix). A admin-user must take care when editing any content as it might
change owner and group and therefore be uneditable by any (BE-)user.

bernd