[TYPO3] A library of read-only template pages?

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Thu Jul 17 22:30:09 CEST 2008

We've got about 10 admins (content editors) of our TYPO3 (4.1.2) site,
one of which is sort of the "super-admin".

What we'd like to do is make it so that the superadmin can create pages
that will act as "templates", for the other admins to use to make new
pages.  Kind of like if you made some microsoft word documents for other
co-workers to copy and start from when they start writing something.

The problem is, we have to make the pages read-only for the other 9
admins, but read-write for the super admin.  Can you do that in typo3?

Also, after a template is copied and then pasted to become a new page,
the new page will need to be read-write for the other 9, of course- the
copy can't also be read-only.

any advice, thanks,