[TYPO3] Using COA for configuring one's extension

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Jul 17 20:35:23 CEST 2008

> What exactly are you trying to do....

I'm just writing something that will let me extract metadata from any
file using TS and available metadata extractor services.

The goal is being able to get this from TS using this syntax:

10 = FILEINFO
10.file = fileadmin/somefile.wav
10.metadata.field = ID3:Title // ID3:Artist

When I started this thread I wasn't clear about what I wanted to do
exactly, this was just to know how I could use COA objects to configure
the output of my extensions but now that I read the wiki, this is clear
(I found the way by digging into the core but then was stucked and was
happy to find an example in the wiki). Now I definitively need this
metadata extractor with TS in order to better configure the way
EXIF/IPTC information is displayed with rgsmoothgallery (which I
enhanced recently).

And as such I plan to make this metaextractor generic for virtually any
filetype using metadata extractor services.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en