[TYPO3] TS code - based on tt_content uid (tt_news)

Kathryn Blair artscoop at mail.arts.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 17 18:02:18 CEST 2008

Hi Darko,

I had the same problem earlier last month and Tyler Kraft graciously helped
me out with it. Here was his solution:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2008-June/051083.html

So attempting with my limited TS experience to adapt that to what you need,
I'm thinking something like:

lib.news=CONTENT
lib.news.table = tt_content
#PID of the parent page for the content element you want:
lib.news.select.pidInList=1
#UID of content element you want:
lib.news.select.uidInList=67
# define the rendering for this news item
# ( this will then use the defualt rendering for news and the settings
from the individual extension instance )
lib.news.renderObj =< plugin.tt_news
# Now you can set tt_news typoscript on the lib.news.rederObj:
lib.news.renderObj.archiveTypoLink.parameter = 81

And for lib.news2:
lib.news2=CONTENT
lib.news2.table = tt_content
#PID of the parent page for the content element you want:
lib.news2.select.pidInList=3
#UID of content element you want:
lib.news.select.uidInList=74
# define the rendering for this news item
# ( this will then use the defualt rendering for news and the settings
from the individual extension instance )
lib.news2.renderObj =< plugin.tt_news
# Now you can set tt_news typoscript on the lib.news.rederObj:
lib.news2.renderObj.archiveTypoLink.parameter = 80

If any more experienced typoscripters notice that I've made a mistake,
please point it out, but I think this should give you what you need, Darko.

Also, I have used this to set different typoscript for news elements that
appear together on several pages (although I didn't set them as content
elements on the pages, I just set them up in the ts template, which is what
I think you're doing too, but correct me if I'm wrong ... ) in straight TS
-- don't have TV on the instance of Typo3 I'm working with.

Kath