[TYPO3] Date of birth field in sr_feuser_register, how about drop down? :-)

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:08:49 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Has any one managed to change the way that sr_feuser_register handles the
date of birth?

I'd like to give the possibility to choose your date_of_birth by dropdown
for day, month and year. I could do this by creating a extension with a
field for each input and save them in seperate fields, but how would that
give me the possibility to edit there date of birth in the backend, with out
having 3 rows containing one single field?

Is it possible to gather the informations from 3 form fields and "put" them
together in to the date field for date_of_birth?

Thanks,

Søren