[TYPO3] Always getting "This is your first TYPO3 page" when viewing pages

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jul 17 01:07:27 CEST 2008

on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:08:12 -0700, Alessandro Vernet wrote:

> I can add pages and edit existing page in the back-end just fine, but
> when I look at them in the front-end (by clicking on the "View webpage"
> icon), I always get a page with just the text "This is your first TYPO3
> page!". The title of the page corresponds to the title I chose when
> creating the page, but the content isn't there.

I don't know exactly. But this might be the default typoscript-
configuration from the dummy-package.

have you configured TYPO3 for your content?

creating pages and inserting content is (the second) half of doing a
website with TYPO3.

As TYPO3 is flexible you can do the first half after the second, but it
might be a little bit more complicated.

if you had a complete empty page you could import a default-configuration
like the mastertemplate of the TYPO3-UG NRW:
	http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html
Anyway you might use the documentation to create the first half at last.

bernd