[TYPO3] TS code - based on tt_content uid (tt_news related)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 16 20:30:49 CEST 2008

Hi!

Darko Jr. Gonzalez wrote:
> I want to create something like this:
>
> plugin.tt_news.archiveTypoLink.parameter = 81
> [globalVar = TSFE:tt_content|uid = 74]
> plugin.tt_news.archiveTypoLink.parameter = 80
>
> It doesnt work. How can I render a separate archive link; Per instance
> because there is no flexform field for archive link.

Yes, it does not work because there is no such thing as TSFE:tt_content.

> I tried this as well in TS setup:
>
> lib.news < plugin.tt_news
> lib.news = RECORDS
> lib.news.tables = tt_content
> lib.news.source = 67
> lib.news.archiveTypoLink.parameter = 81

What's the idea behind this? You copy tt_news plugin configuration to lib.news (all nundreds of tt_news properties). Next you change it to RECORD. As a result you get a horrible mixture of plugin.tt_news and RECORDS properties.

Imagine joining two books: one line from one book, second from another and so forth. This is what you do with this TS :)

> Please hint/help?

I afraid you cannot do it with TS. If you use TV, you can do it per "lib." instance:

lib.news < plugin.tt_news
lib.news.archiveTypoLink.parameter = 81

lib.news2 < plugin.tt_news
lib.news2.archiveTypoLink.parameter = 80

Next each of these objects should be connected to a field in TV as "TypoScript Object Path".

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team