[TYPO3] RealURL Configuration Nightmare..

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 16 20:22:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

J.L. Reid wrote:
> I've been trying to get RealUrl to create the exact page path that I want, and
> it's been a headache thus far.

Let's see.

> Right now, I have this as my url for a TIMTAB blog post.

Hm, this is not difficult. Many people did that already ;)

> http://archive////kindred_spirits/index.htm?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=223&cHash=3e7ceccd30
>
> For some reason RU no longer adds my domain to the urls.  Also, I can't figure
> out why I have so many slashes after "archive".

RealURl never appends any domains. It always returns relative URLs. This is a TYPO3 requirement. I think you either forgot config.baseURL, or set it incorrectly or have wrong config.absRefPrefix. Neither of these have anything to do with RealURL.

For three slashes. It means that you defined "archive" as post var but your tt_news is not making it. Most likely you have it disabled in tt_news configuration. Since you did not allow bypass, RealURL is forced (by you!) to put this variable into URL but with empty values.

> Here's my current configuration  (any help would be greatly appreciated):

<skip>

> 	'postVarSets' => array(
> 		'_DEFAULT' => array(
> 			//archive
> 			'period' => array (
> 				array (
> 					'condPrevValue' => -1,

condPrevValue is not an existing RealURL option.

<skip>

The rest of your configuration does not define "archive" at all. So you can't have it in URL. Look closer at your system, something is totally messed up there.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team