[TYPO3] spam at typo3.org

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:53:23 CEST 2008

on Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:30:40 +0200, Peter Guhl wrote:

> Ries van Twisk schrieb:
>> On Jul 13, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>>
>> is a lot that can be improved. Main focus of TYPO3 should still be : A
>> tool to quickly make great interactive websites based on custom
>> templates.
>>
> Which, IMHO, should definitely mean that it has some easy way to add
> good spam protection in every area since everything which has even the
> smallest chance to be interactive is immediately abused by spammers :(

I decided some time ago for (timtab_)badbehavior. It closes the whole
site if a spammer, which is identified by ip, browser-version, http-
request, ...

As some chinese spammer have risen I have enhanced the TYPO3-version of
badbehavor for my own list of IPs to blacklist. I filter SPAMS from these
providers by blocking them completly after the first occurence (manual
learning filter ;-) ) as i have noticed that SPAM comes more often after
the first successfull submittance (independendly of a missing publishing
of the postings).
They may contact me by mail to get unblocked as badbehavior shows on the
'errorpage'.

bernd