[TYPO3] rvt_adodb vs dbal

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jul 16 00:34:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

Does anybody have experience to share with these extensions? I just plan
to update my prototype that uses PEAR (included with my extension) to
access a MSSQL database to something more "official" but I'm not sure
either of these extensions is the way to go to have something working
properly.

For instance rvt_adodb is just a wrapper for adodb but when the MSSQL DB
is not available, it takes forever before getting an error message,
while with standard PEAR (MDB2), it takes just a breath time.

Some thought?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en