[TYPO3] REALURL problem with chinese localisation - menu links not working

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jul 15 20:35:04 CEST 2008

Hi!

G.Unger wrote:
> @Dimitry:
> sorry to bother again, but if you read this, I have one more question please.

Sure! :)

> as asked before I do not understand why manually entering the url in the
> adressbar including the /cn/ workz.

Decoding and encoding processes are independent. It is possible that RealURL can decode but cannot encode. Possible but unlikely.

> I meanwhile tested 3 more languages just to test. french, italian and
> spanish.
> the menu always workz well, for en/fr/it/es/de ... only for chinese it
> doesn't.

So, ordinary links work, menu does not, right?

> I do not see any other thing than realurl mixing up sth. here. :(

If it is RealURL, I guess it cannot convert chinese characters to ascii. I never worked with chinese, so cannot be sure. I know that it works with cyrillic but TYPO3 supports conversion of cyrillic letters to ascii.

Try entering something in "realurl path segment" in page properties and see if you get a proper link in menu.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team