[TYPO3] REALURL problem with chinese localisation - menu links not working

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jul 15 16:34:17 CEST 2008

Hi!

G.Unger wrote:
> the before mentioned url for the homepage in chinese
> http://www.swiss-securitas.com/cn/2002739029.html
> is a result of the unicode translation of the english 主页 (hope that
> will be displayed) wich is 主页
> and ends up as a 2002739029.html

TYPO3 cannot convert chinese characters to anything more suitable than this. You can specify aliases for pages in this case.

> once again, I cann call any page in german or english, and replace the
> /en/ or /de/ in the url with /cn/ and the pages are shown propperly,
> only when clicking the links in the mainnav I do not get any propper url
> and page displayed, apart of the first link, the home page, wich I
> altered maually as described above.
>
> please be so kind and help me out with this one, I do not know where to
> check/debug else in this case.

If only navigation is not working, then problem is obviously there. Are using TYPO3 4.2? If no, I suggest to upgrade because 4.1 did not use the same linking scheme for menus as the rest of TYPO3.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team