[TYPO3] REALURL problem with chinese localisation - menu links not working

G.Unger skyfreak1 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 15:06:28 CEST 2008

Hello Xavier and Dimitry

let me first thank you for trying to help me! THX a lot.

Am 15.07.2008 um 14:32 schrieb Xavier Perseguers:

> You said it seemed to be RealURL related. This means you tried
> deactivating RealURL and the links work?
>
> Xavier Perseguers

I tried it right now and the urls work propperly without realurl enabled

Am 15.07.2008 um 14:40 schrieb Xavier Perseguers:

> Hello,
>
>> config.linkVars = L (1)
>> config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
>
> According to TSREF, config.linkVars = L(1) only appends the language
> if
> the language is "1", this means cn cannot be used as it is equal to 2.
>
> I bet this is the reason your links are not working.

I changed it to config.linkVars = L but without effect on the urls.

Am 15.07.2008 um 14:49 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]:

> Hi!
>
> G.Unger wrote:
>> I have cleared all caches, but in FE the mainnavigation does not
>> give me
>> any /cn/ in url at all :(
>
> It will give me only if you created alternative page language for
> the page you are linking to. So if page has no chinese translation,
> there will be no link.
>
> You should first get it working without RealURL. I doubt it is
> related to RealURL at all.

the complete site is translated and works as mentioned above without
realurl e.g.:
TS setup -> config.tx_realurl_enable = 0

now that I switched it back on, the first link works but with an url
like this:
http://www.swiss-securitas.com/cn/2002739029.html
all other links in mainnav just show
http://www.swiss-securitas.com/cn.html and lead to the homepage.

@Dmitry: to assure that IMHO it is realurl related, try an english
page and pu a /cn/ in the url.

kind rgd and thx again,
GUIDO

P.S.:
if necessary I cvould provide the whole realurl conf file or even
access to the backend