[TYPO3] REALURL problem with chinese localisation - menu links not working

G.Unger skyfreak1 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 13:49:17 CEST 2008

hello list

my first website using chinese and I face some problems with realurl :
( sorry for beeing a longer post, I try to give as many information as
possible.

first of all my setup - T3 4.1.7, templavoila, multilanguage (eng/ger/
cn) one tree concept.

- db and install tool settings

db is set up with charset and collation uft8_general_ci, and in the
localconf.php i use
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['UTF8filesystem'] = '1';

- I have created a new website language for chinese like

Language: Chinese
ISO-Code: Chinese (Simplified)
flag icon: cn.gif

- in the main template my localisation looks like

config.linkVars = L (1)
config.uniqueLinkVars = 1

config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback ; 0,1
config.sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated

## default english
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.locale_all = en_GB.UTF-8
config.metaCharset = utf-8
config.language = en

## german
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.locale_all = de_DE.UTF-8
config.language = de
[global]

## chinese (simplified)
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
config.sys_language_uid = 2
config.locale_all = zh_CN
config.language = cn
[global]

so far so good, I can create a new alternative website language and
translate the content.

now I do have problems with realurl. my realurl typo3conf/
realurl_conf.php looks like this:

<?php
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl'] = array (
   '_DEFAULT' => array (
       'init' => array (
           'enableCHashCache' => '1',
           'enableUrlDecodeCache' => '1',
           'enableUrlEncodeCache' => '1',
           // 'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
           'noMatch' => 'bypass',
       ),
       'redirects' => array (
       'noMatch' => 'bypass',
       ),
       'preVars' => array (
           '0' => array (
               'GETvar' => 'no_cache',
               'valueMap' => array (
                   'nc' => '1'
               ),
               'noMatch' => 'bypass'
           ),
           '1' => array (
               'GETvar' => 'L',
                 'valueMap' => array(
                       'en' => '0',
                       'de' => '1',
                       'cn' => '2',
                 ),
               'valueDefault' => '0',
               'noMatch' => 'bypass'
           ),
       ),

... snip - and so one ....

I have cleared all caches, but in FE the mainnavigation does not give
me any /cn/ in url at all :(

to be seen in frontend e.g. here:
http://www.swiss-securitas.com/?L=2

any click on the mainnavi will always lead to english default language.
e.g. http://www.swiss-securitas.com/about-us.html if I append an ?L=2
it shows up right
http://www.swiss-securitas.com/about-us.html?L=2
even a http://www.swiss-securitas.com/cn/ looks correct.

what am I missing, where am I wrong?
could anybody please assist me on fixing the navigaton links.

thx and rgds
GUIDO