[TYPO3] RealURL - alias domains

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jul 14 19:19:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

Patrick Fitz-Simons wrote:
> G'day folks
> (Tipping hat to Dimitry and his excellent endeavors of programming and
> documentation)

Thanks!

> I believe I have missed a config point of RealURL in a recent deployment
>  of typo3 4.1.2
>
> 1 web site with
>     2 domains .. 1 main , 1 alias
>
> observations:
>
> 1) visitor lands on BaseURL "A.com"
>     - menu urls are generated in "A.com"
> GOOD!
> live example www.seejudy.com
>
> 2) visitor lands on alias url "B.com"
>     - menu urls are also generated in "A.com"
> NOT SO GOOD!
> live example www.judyweinstock.com

RealURl does not include domains into URL. It always returns relative URL. I think you do not have a condition on domain name in your TS setup, that's all. You define config.baseURL to your primary domain only. You should use a condition on the HTTP_HOST and declare baseURL depending on the host.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team