[TYPO3] Replace images used in pages

Joerg Wagner news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Mon Jul 14 16:59:31 CEST 2008

Yes, your scenario describes the main problem with the copying technique
of TYPO3.

I read several times that DAM provides a solution by giving the option
to reference files instead of copying them. So, about 2 months ago, I
spent several days with trials to get DAM to work. But...

After compiling a lot of (partially very contradictory) details from
many (partially very outdated) sources I found that the development of
DAM suffered a phase of heavy stagnation after René Fritz left the devel
team. It took a long time until the development restarted. Right now it
seems like DAM is gaining speed again, but my trials to get a system
running smoothly with DAM were so frustrating that I finally gave up. It
is just not ready for production use. I spent so much time on it and
still it did not work correctly in many aspects. An hardly any 3rd party
extensions are ready to work with it.

So I will try again in a year or so, but right now DAM is just a big
mess with some fearless new developers trying to clear it up. I hope
they succeed.

Cheers,
Jörg.