[TYPO3] strange problem with languages

G.Unger skyfreak1 at gmx.net
Mon Jul 14 15:59:00 CEST 2008

hello xavier

in your post I read, that you use an extension or hook to change the
default language for subtrees.

I have a setup using multitree page concept with templavoila like this:

0 - ROOT
1 - - SWISS (4 languages eng/ger/fr/it)
1.1 - - - menu 1
1.2 - - - menu 2
1.3 - - - menu 3
2 - - SOUTH AMERICA (3 languages eng/br/pt)
2.1 - - - menu 1
2.2 - - - menu 2
2.3 - - - menu 3
3 ..........

a.s.o

as you see it is one main branch (0 - ROOT) and 2++ subbranches (1 -
SWISS and 2 - SOUTH AMERICA 3 ...)
for default language I use eng, and than translate to the other
languages.

do I understood right, you have a solution to use e.g.

1 - SWISS -> default language german (translate to eng/fr/it)
2 - SOUTH AMERICA -> default language brasilian (translate to eng/pt)

if so, that would be perfect for me as well, and I would kindly ask if
you could share your extension / hook / knowledge ?

thx and regards
GUIDO