[TYPO3] GMENU_LAYERS relativeToTriggerItem=0

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Jul 14 14:24:19 CEST 2008

Hi Barbara,

>> I want to make a menu, with menuitems in a bar and submenuitems in a
>> bar below that are showed when I do a mouseover. [...]
>>
>> Like this:

>> ONE  |  TWO  |  THREE  |  FOUR  |  FIVE
>> sub3a | sub3b | sub3c | sub3d

I never used GMENU and thus cannot be very helpful in configuring it but
I may ask a simple question: do you really need the graphical capability
of GMENU (as using a special font to render the items) or do you wish to
use it only for its capability of generating "out-of-the-box" a dynamic
menu with rollover effect?

Because if it is only what you want, then I would recommand using
standard HMENU/TMENU configuration and create the dynamic part with one
of the multiple solution you find when googling for dynamic menu.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html