[TYPO3] tt_news plugin template file is persistent... argh!

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:45:25 CEST 2008

Hi tt_news experts!

I have discovered an irritation with tt_news, though I think it must be
something I'm doing, as I can't find other people commenting on the same
issue...

In my tt_news TS template constants, I have:

plugin.tt_news.file.templateFile = fileadmin/[path to file]

And in the setup I have:

plugin.tt_news.templateFile = {$plugin.tt_news.file.templateFile}

I've used the Object Browser and it's working. It even works in the
front end! Looks very nice, if I do say so myself... Everything works
*almost* perfectly....

However, whenever I add a tt_news plugin, the template file on the
"Teamplte" tab is *ALWAYS* the original in the plugin folder, and I have
to go in and delete this reference so it's blank in order for the plugin
to use my own template file. It's getting a little annoying to have to
do this, when according to the documentation, this value should be
getting pulled in from the constant I set up?

Or am I missing something?

//Plank