[TYPO3] sitemap w/ abstract - totally suppress menu item if no abstract?

Paul Vetch paul at qedstudio.com
Fri Jul 11 01:02:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to tweak the sitemap with abstract (tt_content.menu.20.4) so that
if there is no abstract data for a page then *nothing* at all is output for
that page - no title, no link, no nothing.  Trouble is I can't get it to
work, and I'm beginning to wonder if I can actually do this with a TMENU at
all...?   I've tried a condition on allWrap.cObject, and I can easily get
conditional output depending upon whether or not there's an abtract, but I
can't totally suppress the output if there's no abstract, and that's what I
need.

What I really want to be able to do is the equivalent of NO.if.isTrue.field
= abstract ... :)

My temporary, horrible 'solution' at the moment is use allWrap.override to
place a div with display:none around the menu items I don't want!  I'm
really traumatised by the inelegance of this - I'd be very happy if someone
could put me out of my misery.

FWIW my TS at the moment is

tt_content.menu.20.4 {
  wrap = <div class="sm">|</div>
  1 = HMENU
  1 {
    special = directory
    special.value.field = pages
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
      noBlur = 1
      NO {
        allWrap = <li>|</li>
        allWrap.override = <li style="display:none">|</li>
        allWrap.override.if.isFalse.field = abstract
        stdWrap2.wrap = <h3>|</h3>
        linkWrap = |<b>Read this article...</b>
        ATagParams =
        ATagBeforeWrap = 1