[TYPO3] New Domain Within Tree

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 9 21:22:26 CEST 2008

Hi!

Lee M. Childress wrote:
> If I have a directory structure like:
>
> acme.com |- page1 |- page2 |- newcompany.com |- more pages |- page 3
>
> and both acme.com and newcompany.com are set as domains, I know that
> by going to http://www.newcompany.com it will take a visitor directly
> to the newcompany.com section of the tree.
>
> However, if a visitor goes to http://www.acme.com, will the
> newcompany.com section be available to them?

I commented on similar thing today... The answer is: it may work but you may run into problems because TYPO3 does not expect you to have inner domain records.

The layout you shown should work with TYPO3 4.2. I made fixes for it in the core. It will also work with latest RealURL. But you have to enable linking across domains. Otherwise your links will not be created properly.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team