[TYPO3] realurl: Mass redirects of pages

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jul 8 07:54:56 CEST 2008

Hi!

Michael Gnessner wrote:
> now I have runnig realurl and´s looks very good with speaking urls on my
> page.
> But after 1 1/2 years of using Simulate Static where will a lot of
> SimulateStatic adresses listed by Google and other searchengines. With a
> redirect it´s possible to rewrite the old url´s to the new speaking urls.
> So good, but I´ve more than 1.700 adresses to change to the new
> realurl-paths.

This is not a very good idea because will force scanning of the whole table. As already recommended by Oliver Rowlands, you should use Apache rewriting. It makes much less load on PHP and database.

> Now I have following idea to fill the tables very fast: Than I fill the
> redirects by hand in an excel-table, convert it to a csv-file and inport
> this with phpmyadmin. But that will happend with the field "url_hash"? Can
> I ingnore it and will it write again after cache-clearing?

Sorry, you cannot. RealURL identifies URL by url_hash. Entries will be useless without url_hash. It works like this:
- get URL
- make hash
- lookup hash in the database
- if match found, redirect to a new URL

> I hope you´ll understand my question, because my English isn´t not realy so
> good. So I write my question in german too:

Your English is ok. Really :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/