[TYPO3] Setting a default caption for tt_news images

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 16:14:22 CEST 2008

Hi Stephen,

You have two options:

1) In your group or user TSConfig add the following TypoScript:

TCAdefaults.tt_news.imagecaption = Default Caption

2) Modify the TCA by adding the following line to your
'typo3conf/extTables.php' or create a new extension and add the
following to your 'ext_tables.php':

t3lib_div::loadTCA('tt_news');
$TCA['tt_news']['columns']['imagecaption']['config']['default'] =
'Default Caption';

The former is obviously far more flexible than the later.

Best regards,

Oliver

--
Oliver Rowlands