[TYPO3] TYPO3 and JS/AJAX Frameworks

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jul 4 10:38:08 CEST 2008

Hi all,

>> I mean can you imagine how big a page will be if you have 3 or more
>> exts with 3 or more different frameworks, not to mention that those 3
>> or more frameworks will not work together.
>
> Those 30kb or whatever really don't matter!

I agree with all arguments but I would like to add that I think 30KB or
whathever *may* matter. That's not 30 KB as such but as T.M said, the
fact that you may need to use multiple frameworks that require each
those 30KB (or more, I do not have values under hand). And if you use a
connection that is pretty expensive (like our swiss phone companies like
to do), you quickly find that you reach the limit of allowed of montly
trafic.

This is just to say that I always try to compress as much as possible my
graphics and try to use pure text instead of lots of graphics and do the
same for my programming even if "it does not matter anymore with todays
memory, CPU power, bandwidth" and so on

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers