[TYPO3] TYPO3 and JS/AJAX Frameworks

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Fri Jul 4 10:26:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> so you say it would have been better that I wouldn't have released my
>> extensions like
>> - rgsmoothgallery: most ratings at typo3.org/extensions
>> - rgtabs, rgslideshow, rgsmoothscroll and many more?
> NO, no, no!
> Why the hell should I?

As I said, I just wouldnt have released those exts if mootools wouldn't
be "allowed".
And yeah maybe (or probably) it is just because I don't have the time to
  learn another library

> I enjoy your exts! My post was just a thing to discuss about, not to offend!

I know but I just wanted to show you another side

> So how would you prevent the incompatibility of different exts?

You can't but so what? What do you do if an extension doesn't fit your
needs because you need something different or whatever? You don't use it
or you rewrite it! You are always free to add a jquery version of my
mootools extensions and I will add the js for sure!

> I mean can you imagine how big a page will be if you have 3 or more exts
> with 3 or more different frameworks, not to mention that those 3 or more
> frameworks will not work together.

Those 30kb or whatever really don't matter!

> I meant my post as kind of standarizing the js framework for TYPO3.
> Like in Germany you have for examle an standard (DIN)  for machine screws
> (e.g. M8)

You wanna compare screws to libraries? ;)
I even switched completly to magento instead of TYPO3 because it fits
better (for me).

> Have you substantially read and understood the decision the guys fom drupal
> made?
> http://www.ajaxschmiede.de/jquery/drupal-60-setzt-weiterhin-auf-jquery/

It makes sense for the Backend and here it so also just 1 framework!
Again: it would be idiotic (for me) to be allowed to just use 1 library
in the FE!

Georg
PS: Anyone else using magento? To ask questions and share code? Contact
me offlist ;)