[TYPO3] basic templates for version 4.2.1

Jonas Kaiser jonas.kaiser.it at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:28:36 CEST 2008

Hi everyone

I am rather new to typo3 but I have played around with it a bit. I was
now asked to develop something serious and as I was quite impressed by
the capabilities of typo3 I decided to use that as a framework for the
new website. So I setup a new clean installation on the webpage which
is working fine so far (installation tool gives no warnings or
errors). Then I went to the template menu to attach one of the basic
templates I have used earlier to my page and discovered that those
static records weren't there anymore.

When I was using TYPO3 before I was using version 4.1.1 where a list
of static records could be found under "include static" in the "edit
template" view.
I have found the same option in the new BE of version 4.2.1 but the
list of items to choose from is empty.
Is there a way to get those basic templates so that I can set up a
working version of the website quickly and then later slowly modify
that template instead of building one from scratch?

I thought about searching through the old version, but I couldn't
locate the files corresponding to those template examples. Is a
straight copy of those files, whatever they are called and wherever
they are located, possible at all or has the new version (4.2.1) a
template engine that works fundamentally different from that of 4.1.1
such that those old example templates couldn't be used anyway?

I am looking forward to replies and give my thanks in advance
yours sincerely
Jonas