[TYPO3] TYPO3 and JS/AJAX Frameworks

T.M.Snyder tmsnyder at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 13:14:22 CEST 2008

> Hi,
>
> so you say it would have been better that I wouldn't have released my
> extensions like
> - rgsmoothgallery: most ratings at typo3.org/extensions
> - rgtabs, rgslideshow, rgsmoothscroll and many more?
NO, no, no!
Why the hell should I?
=)
I enjoy your exts! My post was just a thing to discuss about, not to offend!

> Let the developers decide what to use and the admins decide what they want
> on their own webste. You can't force someone to use a specific library.
>
> Anyway for the backend everything is based on prototype and I dont like
> this pressure but I understand the decision! But there is no need for the
> frontend to make this decision.

So how would you prevent the incompatibility of different exts?
I mean can you imagine how big a page will be if you have 3 or more exts
with 3 or more different frameworks, not to mention that those 3 or more
frameworks will not work together.
I meant my post as kind of standarizing the js framework for TYPO3.
Like in Germany you have for examle an standard (DIN)  for machine screws
(e.g. M8)

Have you substantially read and understood the decision the guys fom drupal
made?
http://www.ajaxschmiede.de/jquery/drupal-60-setzt-weiterhin-auf-jquery/

> Georg
Anyway we'll see how TYPO3 will go on - anyone else on these matters ?