[TYPO3] tt_news: category menu

Kathryn Blair artscoop at mail.arts.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 2 18:03:00 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

So what you want to do is have a category selector menu in the left column,
and display selected categories in the right column?

If you're doing this using content elements, not TS, I think you can just
put the CATMENU content element in one column, and the LIST element in the
other, without any categories selected in the be for the LIST element. I
tried this and it works for me without any effort on my part, so I'm not
sure what's not working for you.

What I think you need to ensure is that the uid of the page in the URL
generated by the catmenu is the same as the uid of the page that displays
the catmenu and list element.

That sounds like what you were doing, so maybe if you told us what the URLs
are, and a little bit more info about how you're doing this?

Kath

Message: 3