[TYPO3] Internal Server Error problem

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:49:56 CET 2008

Hi,

On Jan 31, 2008 8:37 AM, John Staveley <john at staveley.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to do an internal document link in Typo 4.0.2 and itdoesn't work
> as it should. In the RTE I get the following created usingthe link wizard. The
> RTE generates the following tags:

> current window">Show 2007</a></p>
>
> When this is rendered into the webpage however I get the following asthe HTML
> source:

> internal link in current window" target="_self" >Show 2007</a></p>
>
> As this link is meaningless, If you click on it you get the error:

Stop here for a moment: first of all, I'm reasonably sure that that is
*not* a meaningless link. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect
if your TS template contains the following line:

config.simulateStaticDocuments = PATH_INFO

> Internal Server Error, this is an error with your script, check yourerror log
> for more information.
>
> If I check the log it shows the following:

<snip>

The errors you copied from the log are unrelated--they're just
404s--though a 404 is also the worst case you should expect from
clicking on a malformed link. *However*, an internal server error *is*
consistent with a .htaccess file trying to use mod_rewrite when
mod_rewrite is not installed on the server.

Probable solution:

1. Comment out the Rewrite* stuff in the .htaccess file
2. Comment out the "simulateStaticDocuments" line above

OR

1. Get mod_rewrite working on the server

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/