[TYPO3] how to fix an rte bug without shell access

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 31 07:58:05 CET 2008

Hi

I have a bug with my rte - that is, I have never had an rte show up (in FF
or IE), even though I have checked a number of permissions (install tool,
user setup, extension uploads).

In trying to solve it, I want to apply a patch . but I don't have shell
access.

Is there any other way of solving this type of problem?

And just in case it is something else, and someone has a bright idea, I am
running:

Typo3 4.1.2

FF 2.0.0.11

IE 7.0.6

Basically, no rte shows up in the backend at all - only a plain text editor.

Any ideas.?

Cate Deans Smith