[TYPO3] How can I add a simple SEARCH using Typoscript?

BMolayi at datacolor.com BMolayi at datacolor.com
Wed Jan 30 16:07:55 CET 2008

Hi Jacco,

Thanks.
But there must be a way to include the simple search as well. I believe
its cObject reference is SEARCHRESULT?
Then, I should be able to create a content with this, call it mySearch,
and do:
subparts.search < mySearch
or something similar?

Bijan

hi

Did you install Indexed Search (it's listed under the install extensions

allready included in TYPO3).

After that I would download from the extension repository
macina_searchbox. In the manual are easy examples how to include this
searchbox.

grts jacco

btw normally people post here with their name ;)

BMolayi at datacolor.com
schreef:
> I am using TemplaVoila for my site. I am also using a menu outside of
> Typo3 (part of the HTML template). Since the same menu is used on all
> the pages, I want to separate it from pages' templates and create it
by
> Typoscript. So, I have the following Typoscript in the setup field of
my
> root template:
>

> **************************************START
> TYPOSCRIPT********************************
>
> # Configuring the Auto-Parser for main template:
>
> plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
>

>   # Read the template file:
>
> content = FILE
>
> content.file = fileadmin/templates/test.html
>

>   # Prefix all relative paths with this value:
>
> relPathPrefix = fileadmin/templates/
>

> }
>

> # Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
>
> temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
>
> temp.mainTemplate {
>

>     # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE
cObject:

> template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
>

>     # Substitute the ###search### subpart with some example content:
>
> subparts.search = TEXT
>
> subparts.search.value = MY TEST MESSAGE
>
> }
>

> # Default PAGE object:
>
> page = PAGE
>
> page.typeNum = 0
>
> #page.config.disableAllHeaderCode=1
>
> page.10 < temp.mainTemplate
>
> page.20 = USER
>
> page.20.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page
>
> **********************************************************END
> TYPOSCRIPT*******************************************
>
> page.10 generates the top (common) part of all pages including the
menu
> using a Typoscript template, and page.20 generates the rest of the
page
> using TemplaVoila.
>

> Right now the above Typoscript works and produces the page. But
instead
> of that "MY TEST MESSAGE" text, I need to have a SEARCH box inside my
> search subpart. I can't figure out how to do that. I am sure it is
very
> easy and I'll appreciate your help.

The e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.