[TYPO3] How can I add a simple SEARCH using Typoscript?

BMolayi at datacolor.com BMolayi at datacolor.com
Wed Jan 30 15:10:17 CET 2008

I am using TemplaVoila for my site. I am also using a menu outside of
Typo3 (part of the HTML template). Since the same menu is used on all
the pages, I want to separate it from pages' templates and create it by
Typoscript. So, I have the following Typoscript in the setup field of my
root template:

**************************************START
TYPOSCRIPT********************************

# Configuring the Auto-Parser for main template:

plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {

  # Read the template file:

content = FILE

content.file = fileadmin/templates/test.html

  # Prefix all relative paths with this value:

relPathPrefix = fileadmin/templates/

}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY

temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE

temp.mainTemplate {

    # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:

template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

    # Substitute the ###search### subpart with some example content:

subparts.search = TEXT

subparts.search.value = MY TEST MESSAGE

}

# Default PAGE object:

page = PAGE

page.typeNum = 0

#page.config.disableAllHeaderCode=1

page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

page.20 = USER

page.20.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

page.10 generates the top (common) part of all pages including the menu
using a Typoscript template, and page.20 generates the rest of the page
using TemplaVoila.

Right now the above Typoscript works and produces the page. But instead
of that "MY TEST MESSAGE" text, I need to have a SEARCH box inside my
search subpart. I can't figure out how to do that. I am sure it is very
easy and I'll appreciate your help.

The e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.